The Continental Supersports Convertible is the fastest, most potent drop-top Bentley ever built – 0-60mph in just 3.9 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds) and a top speed of 202mph (325km/h). It is also the fastest four-seat convertible in the world.The Supersports is the extreme Bentley convertible, offering a highly focussed, pure Bentley driving experience.
Muscular styling reflects the Supersports Convertible’s supercar personality with the practicality and elegance of four-seat accommodation.The standardisation of pioneering FlexFuel technology across the 2011 Continental model range reaffirms Bentley’s on-going environmental commitment to make all its cars biofuel‑compatible by 2012.The Continental Supersports Convertible further strengthens Bentley’s supercar range, following the introduction of the Continental Supersports Coupé in 2009. The new Supersports Convertible, with the same 630PS (621bhp/463kW) twin-turbocharged W12 engine, is the fastest, most potent drop‑top Bentley has ever built, offering the ultimate Bentley driving experience in the world’s most dramatic convertible.
- 6-litre W12 engine twin-turbocharged engine produces 630PS (621bhp/463kW) at 6000 rev/min and 800Nm (590lb ft) of torque at 2000-4500 rev/min
- 0 – 60mph in 3.9 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds)
- 0 -100mph in 9.6 seconds (0-160km/h in 9.5 seconds)
- Top speed of 202mph (325km/h)
- Overall weight saving of 90kg (198lb) versus GTC Speed
- Revised ZF 6HP26 transmission with ‘Quickshift’ system that cuts shift times by 50% and enables double downshifts
- New 40/60 rear-biased torque split for the all-wheel drive system reduces understeer when powering out of bends and provides for better modulation of line and attitude by ‘throttle steering’
The inspiration for the ‘Supersports’ name is the 1925 Bentley Supersports, a race-bred version of the iconic Bentley 3-litre, that delivered 85bhp when more ordinary cars were equipped with a modest 15bhp. It was also the first production car to reach 100mph – extreme performance in its day. The new, muscular four-seat Supersports Convertible is unmistakably Bentley in its design and craftsmanship but its interior signifies a dramatic re-interpretation of Bentley luxury. Satin-finished carbon fibre, Alcantara™ and ‘Soft Grip’ leather create a unique ambience with a distinctly sporting and contemporary style.
Bentley Chairman and Chief Executive Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen welcomes the new addition to the Bentley range, as well as the standardisation of the FlexFuel W12 engine on all 2011 Continental models:
“The new Supersports Convertible blends thrilling performance and dramatic styling with luxury and practicality in the Bentley open-top tradition. Extreme power combines with pioneering FlexFuel technology, now shared with all Continental models, reflecting Bentley’s ongoing commitment to more environmental motoring.”